Tech Support Made Easy with
UCI ServiceNow is your one stop for filing incident reports to get the immediate and personalized service to resolve all of your tech issues.
Submitting an incident report
Submitting an incident report is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Department: Select which department you are affiliated with
- Urgency: List the urgency of the incident. 1- most urgent, 4 - least urgent
- Description: Give a descriptive statement of what thwe incident is. Please include error messages and descriptions of previous actions or running applications. The more details we know of the issue, the better we can aassist you.
Student Affairs IT has a whole range of equipment at your disposal for all your needs. Reserve your equipment today!
Got a website or application you need built? Student Affairs IT can help. We have a team of talented developers ready to make your project a reality.
Submit requests through JIRA, under the "Project Requests" tab. If you do not have JIRA access, call us or submit a ticket through UCI ServiceNow and we will get you setup.
Customers requesting projects from Student Affairs IT must fulfill the following criteria in order for them to be completed:
- Customer must use JIRA to communicate features, requests, bugs, etc. If apporpriate, a new project in JIRA will be created to handle this communication. Requests via email will not be considered.
- If the project is a web site, the customer must provide a final, approved, high-fidelity mockup before work begins, If external parties are involved, the mockup must be sent to them for approval before contacting SA IT.
- Customer must give specific dates that web sites or appications are due. Projects requestsed "ASAP" will not be considered.
- SA IT requires a minimum of 1 month to complete a simple web site*, 2 monts for a complex web site or web application**. Each project will have its won timeline, these are just minimum estimates.
- * A simple website is a static site with up to 10 pages with no dynamic parts (ie, no forms, logins, emails, etc)
- ** A complex site can include forms and more complex logic.